General Attendee and Supporter (“Attendee”) Terms and Conditions
In the context of these General Terms and Conditions, capitalized words have the following meanings:
- "GTCs" means these General Terms and Conditions.
- “Attendee” means the person who intends to take part in the RiskConnect Virtual and for that purpose submitted the online registration form.
- RiskConnect Virtual means the online event organised by Web Shield once a year.
- “Organiser” or “Web Shield” means Web Shield Services GmbH, address: Web Shield Services, Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße 27, D-04103 Leipzig, Ust-IdNr DE297683608.
- Text Form: a declaration made in written form via Email or on paper.
II. General Scope
- These GTCs shall apply to the booking and participation in the RiskConnect Virtual organized by Web Shield. In this context, these GTCs rule the contractual relationship between Web Shield and the Attendee.
- These GTCs exclude any other contractual clauses referred to, offered or relied on by the Attendees at any stage in the dealings between the contractual parties.
- Any variation or deviation from these GTCs (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in Text Form between Web Shield and the Attendees.
- With receipt of the registration confirmation the contract for the participation at the RiskConnect Virtual is considered concluded.
- Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your registration confirmation by email. Please ensure that your valid email is entered correctly on the registration form. Be sure to check your junk email box in case any of your RiskConnect Virtual email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- If you do not receive the confirmation of registration or receive it with a delay, the contract shall be deemed concluded if we do not declare rejection within a period of 14 days.
The RiskConnect Virtual is free of charge.
The written material accompanying the RiskConnect Virtual is protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or distributed without the consent of Web Shield.
VI. Personal Data
- The parties commit to comply with data protection laws and regulations.
VII. Publications and Media
- Web Shield shall be free to publish any form of media (i.e. photographs, video, etc.) created by the Web Shield (or by any third party on its behalf) in connection with the RiskConnect Virtual. This includes information about the Sponsor, the Initiative’s supporter and attending Company.
- Media publications containing personal data will be made and processed, unless the data subject does not consent the processing.
VIII. Liability and Limitation of Liability
- Web Shield is liable in the event of injury to life, body or health, which is based on a negligent breach of duty of Web Shield or a deliberate or grossly negligent breach of duty by its legal representative or vicarious agent, Web Shield is liable in accordance with the statutory provisions.
- The same applies to other damages, which are based on grossly negligent breach of duty on the part of the Organiser based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by its legal representative or vicarious agent.
- For other Damages resulting from the violation of essential obligations as a result of slight negligence by the organiser its legal representatives or vicarious agents the liability of the Organiser is based on the following the foreseeable damage typical for the contract up to is limited to a maximum of twice the value of the subject of the contract.
We reserve the right to make minor changes to the event programme and to change speakers for good cause.
X. Force Majeure
- Force majeure is an event which occurs due to occurrences outside one’s own control and not because of one’s fault. Such an event is not foreseeable and may not be avoided (or avoided in a timely fashion) by use of due diligence and technologically or economically reasonable means and which makes it impossible to fulfill temporarily or definitively one’s contractual obligations.
- Such occurrences include, in particular, natural catastrophes, terrorist attacks, interruption of the power supply or communications technology, legally occurring strikes as well as legal provisions or actions ordered by governmental institutions, agencies or the courts (independent of their legality).
- Neither Web Shield nor the Participant shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of their obligations if the delay or failure results from events of force majeure. The parties shall be freed of the obligations affected by force majeure for the duration of the event or as long as it is impossible for them to fulfill their contractual obligations.
- If any term or provision of these GTCs is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed, and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect.
- If any provision is declared to be legally invalid or unenforceable, then the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the economic purpose of the original provision.
XII. Event updates
We will be happy to inform you about our future RiskConnect Virtual. You will receive essential information for registered Participant electronically at the email address provided on your registration form.
- These GTCs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Germany.
- Any dispute arising from these GTCs shall be exclusively submitted to the German court competent for the registered office of the Organiser.
The following is the contact data for the Participant to exercise right of revocation, you must contact Web Shield to the following Address:
Web Shield GmbH
E-mail address: RiskConnect@webshield.com