General Attendee and Supporter (“Attendee”) Terms and Conditions
For the purposes of this Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated below:
- "GTCs" means these General Terms and Conditions.
- “Attendee” means person who intends to take part in the Conference and submitted online registration form and paid Conference fee.
- “Conference” or “RiskConnect” means the RiskConnect event organised by Web Shield in Warsaw, Poland, from 17th of November to 18th of November 2020.
- “Conference fee” means amount of money due from attendee to Web Shield for the participation in the Conference.
- “Organiser” or “Web Shield” means Web Shield Services GmbH, address: Nordstrasse 1, 04105 Leipzig, Germany, registered under HRB number HRB 30305, VAT ID: DE297683608.
- “Supporting Organisation” means an entity who entered into a Sponsorship Agreement with Web Shield.
II. General Scope
- These GTCs shall apply to the booking and participation in the Conference organized by Web Shield. In this context, these GTCs rule the contractual relationship between Web Shield and the Attendee.
- These GTCs exclude any other contractual clauses referred to, offered or relied on by the Attendees at any stage in the dealings between the contractual parties.
- Any variation or deviation from these GTCs (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in Text Form between Web Shield and the Attendees.
- Registrations are binding. With receipt of the registration confirmation the contract for the participation at the Conference is considered concluded.
- Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your registration confirmation by email. Please ensure that your valid email is entered correctly on the registration form. Be sure to check your junk email box in case any of your Conference email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- If you do not receive the confirmation of registration or receive it with a delay, the contract shall be deemed concluded if we do not declare rejection within a period of 14 days.
- In case of overbooking, the registering person will be informed immediately; in this case, a contract will not be concluded.
- The Conference Fee is indicated on the registration page and it does not include VAT. Arrival and overnight stay are not included in the price.
- Payment of all fees must be made within 10 days of submission of your online registration. If you submit your registration less than 7 days prior to the first day of the Conference, payment must be made immediately. Prior to attendance at the Conference, Web Shield reserves the right to cancel any registration at any time prior to the start of the Conference if all fees have not been timely paid. Information regarding cancellation will be send to the email indicated during registration process.
- The Attendee shall be responsible for the payment of any and all taxes required under law, as well as any and all wire transfer or other banking fees that may apply to your payment method. Separate tax rates apply to services related to the organization of congresses, seminars or similar events, since events conducting public ticket sales have to be taxed according to the local tax rates of the event venue’s jurisdiction.
VI. Revocation Policy and Instructions for Cancellation
- All cancellations must be made in Text Form. Email notice to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org shall suffice.
- Cancellations submitted fourteen (14) days prior to the Conference, the Attendee will receive a hundred (100) percent refund of the paid Conference Fee.
- Cancellations submitted five (5) days prior to the first day of the Conference, will refund fifty (50) percent of the paid Conference Fee.
- Cancellations submitted later are non-refundable. No-shows are liable for the entire Conference Fee and will be billed by Web Shield.
- Refunds will be processed after the last day of the Conference and may take up to thirty (30) days to process.
- In any case, you can transfer your right to participate at any time to a substitute participant to be nominated by you in Text Form. It is the responsibility of the original Participant to notify Web Shield, in Text Form, at least 2 business days prior to the Conference confirming that they will not be able to attend and would like to send a replacement.
VII. Cancellation by Web Shield
- In the unlikely event that Web Shield cancels the Conference, Web Shield will refund the Conference Fee paid by Participant within 30 days of such cancellation, and Web Shield will not be held responsible for other costs or expenditures incurred by Participant, including hotel or travel costs.
VIII. Conduct at the Conference
- Any badges issued by Web Shield to you, as the Attendee, are for your sole use.
- As an Attendee at a Web Shield event, you agree to conduct yourself in a professional manner and to comply with such reasonable requirements that are imposed by Web Shield in connection with the Conference.
- The written material accompanying the Conference is protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or distributed without the consent of Web Shield.
X. Personal Data
- The parties commit to comply with data protection laws and regulations.
XI. Publications and Media
- Web Shield shall be free to publish any form of media (i.e. photographs, video, etc.) created by the Web Shield (or by any third party on its behalf) in connection with the Conference. This includes information about the Sponsor, the Initiative’s supporter and attending Company.
- Media publications containing personal data will be made and processed, unless the data subject does not consent the processing.
XII. Liability and Limitation of Liability
- Web Shield is liable in the event of injury to life, body or health, which is based on a negligent breach of duty of Web Shield or a deliberate or grossly negligent breach of duty by its legal representative or vicarious agent, Web Shield is liable in accordance with the statutory provisions.
- The same applies to other damages, which are based on grossly negligent breach of duty on the part of the Organiser based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by its legal representative or vicarious agent.
- For other Damages resulting from the violation of essential obligations as a result of slight negligence by the organiser its legal representatives or vicarious agents the liability of the Organiser is based on the following the foreseeable damage typical for the contract up to is limited to a maximum of twice the value of the subject of the contract.
- Web Shield is not liable for the loss of items brought to the Conference.
- In the event of any damages caused by any Attendee to property or equipment in use by Web Shield, the Attendee will be charged the full replacement cost. Any damage must be reported to a member of the Organiser staff immediately.
- We reserve the right to make minor changes to the event programme and to change speakers for good cause.
XIV. Force Majeure
- Force majeure is an event which occurs due to occurrences outside one’s own control and not because of one’s fault. Such an event is not foreseeable and may not be avoided (or avoided in a timely fashion) by use of due diligence and technologically or economically reasonable means and which makes it impossible to fulfil temporarily or definitively one’s contractual obligations.
- Such occurrences include, in particular, natural catastrophes, terrorist attacks, interruption of the power supply or communications technology, legally occurring strikes as well as legal provisions or actions ordered by governmental institutions, agencies or the courts (independent of their legality).
- Neither Web Shield nor the Participant shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of their obligations if the delay or failure results from events of force majeure. The parties shall be freed of the obligations affected by force majeure for the duration of the event or as long as it is impossible for them to fulfil their contractual obligations.
- If any term or provision of these GTCs is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed, and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect.
- If any provision is declared to be legally invalid or unenforceable, then the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the economic purpose of the original provision.
XV. Event Updates
- We will be happy to inform you about our future Conferences. You will receive essential information for registered Participant electronically at the email address provided on your registration form.
- These GTCs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Germany.
- Any dispute arising from these GTCs shall be exclusively submitted to the German court competent for the registered office of the Organiser.